Early adopters among DMI clients have experienced growth of between 100% and 1 000% in online giving over recent years! The table above reflects year-on-year growth for three local organisations, two of which (organisations B and C) receive support from overseas donors.
Organisation A’s income from 2010 to 2011 increased by more than 700% and saw a further 75% per cent increase in 2012.
Organisation B has seen a steady income from online fundraising every year.
Although Organisation C’s income took a dip in 2011 (due to a donor acquisition test), it recovered nicely in 2012 and had an outstanding result by the end of 2013.
Establishing a web presence was just the first step on the road to success for these organisations. Other vital aspects of their online strategy include:
– Website content management – Ensuring the home page is regularly updated with strong, emotive fundraising appeals, and that donors receive visual report backs on projects via up-to-date ‘news’ pages
– Building online communities and harvesting e-mail addresses of web visitors via newsletter subscriptions, prayer requests, daily inspirations, online surveys, etc
– Integration of offline and online communications
– A regular e-mail programme to previous donors, subscribers and other prospects
– Google pay-per-click promotions
– Offline advertising and promotional activities